Creole Style Prawn Jambalaya
Super speedy supper dish and 2 of your 5 a day.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion, peppers, celery and chorizo for 5 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
- Meanwhile, heat the rice in a microwave according to the packet instructions.
- Stir the prawns, tomatoes and spice mix into the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Add the warm rice and continue to stir-fry for a further 2 minutes until the prawns are cooked through and the jambalaya is piping hot. Stir through the parsley and serve.
The word ‘jambalaya’ comes from the Provençal word meaning ‘mix up’ — so why not try varying the ingredients you add to your rice.
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 60g Cooks’ Ingredients Diced Chorizo
- 2 x 250g packs Tilda Steamed Brown Basmati
- 200g Waitrose Raw Jumbo Prawns
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1-2 tsp Bart Creole Spice Mix
- 25g pack fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped