Moroccan Lamb Meatball & Basmati Bake
Difficulty (1-5): 2
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- Place the basmati rice in a casserole dish.
- Stir together the tomatoes, chicken stock and harissa paste.
- Pour the mixture over the rice, add the cinnamon stick halves and mix well.
- Sit the meatballs on top then cover and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid, stir and cook for a further 15-20 minutes, uncovered, until the rice is tender, the liquid has been absorbed and the meatballs are cooked through and nicely browned.
- Scatter over the parsley and serve.
Try adding a pinch of saffron strands to the stock to enrich the flavour.
- 300g Tilda Pure Basmati
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 500ml hot chicken stock
- 1 tsp harissa paste
- 1 cinnamon stick broken in half
- 24 lamb meatballs
- 25g pack fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped