Haddock with green peppers
This delicious recipe was created by Fatima Patel and can be found in her new book Good Food Good Health Good Cook
Difficulty (1-5): 2
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the mustard and cumin seed and allow to sizzle (take care that they do not burn). Add the onion and fry until golden.
- Mix the ground spices, garlic and salt together with a little water to form a paste.
- Add the paste to the onion and fry well together for about 5 minutes on a medium heat. Ensure continuous stirring to prevent the mixture from sticking to the pan.
- Add the tomatoes and mix in well to form a thick sauce. Once the oil starts to separate, add a little water and allow the sauce to boil, then turn down heat and allow to simmer.
- Place the haddock cutlets gently into the sauce. Cook each side for 5–7 minutes or until ready. Turn carefully, once only.
- Add the green pepper, and finally the coriander.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes or until the thick sauce and oil separate.
- Serve with Tilda Pure Original Basmati
- 4 haddock cutlets
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp black mustard seed
- 1⁄2 tsp cumin seed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1⁄4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 tsp garlic, crushed
- Salt to taste
- 200g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, freshly chopped